For Dance Teachers wanting to expand their skill set and broaden career options into the ‘dance fitness’ industry, then the College offers a home study national Fitness Instructor Certificate program.
The national qualification to become a fitness instructor is the SIS30315 – Certificate III in Fitness.
Dance is making more and more inroads into the mainstream fitness sector as a form of fitness and health training. Think programs such a Zumba and Dance Fit.
Dance teachers can expand their career opportunities and options by acquiring this second qualification to become a Fitness Instructor.
The qualification covers a range of topics which are invaluable to fitness professionals. These include:
- Monitor a client’s fitness level and development
- Provide fitness training to a single client
- Provide fitness training to a group of clients
- Provide good advice on all forms of exercise and exercise equipment
- Administration duties of fitness centre or gyms
- Undertake suitable First Aid response
- Basic understanding of Exercise Science
- Principles of good nutrition
- Group Fitness instruction
The College offers a choice of two modes of study:
For more details about adding a Fitness Qualification to enhance your dance. career please contact our Student Advisors.
The Certificate III in Fitness can be taken without prior qualifications. Please speak to our Student Advisors for more details.
For more information about our Fitness Courses, please download our Course Brochure.